Thursday, August 4, 2011

Beautiful Planters

A few days ago, I found these beautiful planters:


I saw them at the Salvation Army Thrift Store for $1 each.  I was really drawn to the shape - so classic.  And I guess I was drawn to the color too (as I talked about here).  I really wanted to use them in my kitchen,  I just needed to spruce them up a bit.  I decided to paint them high gloss white:



After a few light coats of spray paint, they looked like this:



Then I picked up a couple plants from Lowe's (they were $4.73 each) and now they sit proudly on the kitchen table:






They look perfect on the table.  The size and scale work very well.  It is easy to see over them (there is nothing worse than a really tall centerpiece that you need to look around when you are having a conversation). The white really pops on the wood table.    And for less than $12, it was a very affordable solution to my empty table.

I shared this post here:

The Brambleberry Cottage
Savvy Southern Style
Chic on a Shoestring
504 Main
Polly Want a Crafter
Sarahndipities
Skip to my Lou
The DIY Home Sweet Home Project
Whipper Berry
Thirty Handmade Days
It's So Very Cheri
Christina's Adventures
Funky Junk Interiors