Thursday, August 18, 2011

Headboard Progress

So, yesterday, I decided to tackle my new headboard project.  I explained that here.  Let me show you the before -

An old $10 door.  It wasn't too bad to begin with.  I sanded the whole thing down then filled the holes with wood putty -

I sanded again and wiped the door down with tack cloth.  Then I caulked the joints -

I was planning to prime the door but instead I just went with the paint (I was feeling a little crazy).  And here is the door with three coats of Valspar New Black in satin -

I'm loving the color!  It is actually leftover from another project (so $0!) and I think it looks great!  Craig and I will hang it in the bedroom this weekend and I can't wait to see how it all comes together.