Friday, September 23, 2011

Feeling Blue...Accessories That Is

It has been a very busy week!  I've been working on many different projects - both big and small.  I'm still working on my foyer (which will take a while...) but I'm taking breaks to tackle small projects.  Oh and that hutch I bought off of Craigslist the other day - I already bought the paint for it.  I just couldn't wait.  I'm ready to dive in.  This could become my new favorite project (as of right now - this dresser is my favorite project).  Take one last look -


Because it will be very different soon!  And - since I knew I'd need to fill all of those shelves up with cute little accessories, I've been working on some projects already.  Starting with this old candlestick -


Does it look familiar?  It was part of the old junk I found (which I wrote about here).  I described my first junk transformation here.  So, I guess this is junk transformation two (if you're counting).  I grabbed some spray paint at Walmart (for $3.48) and took the old candlestick outside -


I know - you were probably expecting me to go white (I've done the white spray paint thing a lot - check it out here and here.) but I wanted to be a little bolder.  I chose Krylon Global Blue in gloss. After a few light coats (and a new white candle from Walmart), I now have this -





Well that's a little bolder!  And I love it.  I can't wait to add it to the new hutch.  And for $5.48 (paint and candle) - it's a very inexpensive project.  I'm happy to say that I do have a lot of extra paint in that can.  I'm looking around to find something else that should be blue...

I also want to thank Melanie at Bear Rabbit Bear for featuring my Dresser Makeover this week -


And Michelle at Delicate Construction for featuring my Easy Art Project -


Thank you Melanie and Michelle - I really appreciate the acknowledgement!!