Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Halloween Pinecones

Halloween is just around the corner and I wanted to give my home a fun little decoration.  Since my kids are getting a little older, I don't really go all out at this time of the year.  They aren't as into Halloween as they used to be.  But it's still nice to be have some fun. (By the way, I don't do too much outside either because my neighbor LOVES Halloween and decks out his whole yard.  It's an amazing sight actually and people come from all over to see it.  I'm not even sure if people notice my house after being over there.)

So remember when I explained that I bought a huge glass bowl?  Well, I had a great idea - or so I thought.  I sent my daughter out to collect pine cones. And she came back in with the tiniest pine cones I've ever seen.  And they were all closed up.  And a little muddy.  And I think there were bugs in them.  Well, they weren't exactly what I had pictured.  So, I ran over to Michael's and bought bags of pine cones.


They were on clearance for $2.99 a bag (I bought 4 bags).  Then I grabbed some spray paint at Lowe's (because I love spray painting) -


After the paint dried, I tossed them into the bowl - in the classic candy corn order  ;-)



Now the bowl sits in my family room (on the dresser I transformed) -





Now, I just have to stay away from all of the candy I bought...

I've linked this project here -

The DIY Home Sweet Home Project
Creations By Kara
Beyond the Picket Fence
The CSI Project
The DIY Showoff
Today's Creative Blog
Visit thecsiproject.com
Tip Junkie handmade projects