Sunday, October 2, 2011

Changes on the Way!

So, a few months ago, I decided to start a blog.  I figured "What the heck".  I love seeing everyone else's home remodels, furniture makeovers, and decorating ideas.  And I love changing things up in my own home.  It seemed like a natural fit.  Except for one thing - I know nothing about computers.  As a matter of fact, I usually count on my teenagers to help me through the most basic stuff.  Oh I can pay my bills in Quicken, check my email, and even chat in Facebook.  But I am very limited.  And I acknowledge it.  I have strengths and weaknesses.  Computers are my weakness.  But here is my strength - when I decide to do something, I figure it out somehow.

When I started this blog, I could barely find my pictures in the computer.  I had no idea what sizing was, or Picnik for that matter.  I just took it one day at a time.  And I'm learning (verrrry slowly).  When I visit other blogs, I always notice how great they look.  I scroll to the bottom and notice the blog designer's name.  And I think - maybe I should hire a blog designer too.  But I really didn't want to spend the money so I just went back to working on my house projects and writing posts.  And then it hit me, maybe I could try my hand at redesigning my own blog.  Then I laughed at myself and painted something.  But I kept going back to thinking about how I could make my blog a little bit better - all by myself.

Well, I've spent a huge moderate amount of time googling everything I could think of to fix up this blog.  And I've come up with some changes.  I'm very excited about all of it. And I know it isn't as great as some of the other blog designs out there - but I like it.  Probably because I did it (and it was all free).

So, hopefully, tomorrow My Covered Bridge will look much different.  And of course I'll share all of the details of the makeover.