Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pinterest Fun

I'm really starting to embrace Pinterest.  I can waste spend hours looking around on there.  Oh, I could be cleaning the house or painting something but sometimes, I just want to relax and look at all of the beautiful things people have created.  So, I grab a cup of coffee and get inspired.  There are some incredibly talented people out there!  Wow!  But then reality sets in.  I know I can't make everything I pin.  Sometimes, I know it's just too difficult for me or wouldn't go with my decor (even though I wish it would).  Or I don't have all of the tools I need.  Well, there are many reasons why I can't make everything that I pin.

Since I can't get to everything, I decided to at least share some of these projects with you. So here's where the fun begins.  I'm starting a new series on My Covered Bridge-  



I'm going to highlight My Five Favorite Finds in blogland.  I have seen so many stunning furniture transformations, incredible craft projects, and beautiful room remodels.  I want to show you what I find.  Because up until now, I usually only share it with my husband, Craig.  And he's getting a little sick of this conversation - 

Me - "Hey, you have got to see this"
Craig - "What?"
Me - "This old dresser used to be so ugly - now it's awesome"
Craig - "Yeah - that's great"
Me - "Can you believe how she made this?"
Craig - "Yea, no, that's really great"
Me - "You're not that interested are you?"
Craig - "Um...sure I am"

Well, you get the idea.  I really want to share all of the cool stuff I find with people who will love it as much as I do.  I mean Craig tries but, let's face it, he's not quite as into decorating...

I'm really looking forward to share My Friday Five tomorrow - so stop back and enjoy!  And by the way - you can follow me on Pinterest.  Check out the icon on my sidebar.  Or look for me - Kristen @ My Covered Bridge.

On a side note, I would like to thank Carrie from Dittle Dattle and Bonnie from Creating a House of Grace for featuring my buffet lamp makeover


It was such an easy and inexpensive project!  Thanks Carrie and Bonnie!