Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Presto Chango

I did it again.  I changed my header.  Why?  Because I love spending endless hours on the computer trying my hand at web design (haha - not really).  Actually, because I'm still trying to figure out what looks the most like "me".  When I started this blog a couple of months ago, I knew that I wanted to show that beautiful covered bridge -


Then I started looking at all of the other blogs out there - wow!  They looked so beautiful and professional.  I didn't think mine measured up. I began to learn the ins and outs of basic design - really basic.  When I came across a site that offered free banners, I thought that I would be happy just plugging one in.  Monday, when I started the new design, I asked my family what they thought.  *crickets*  I heard everything from "I miss the bridge"  to "that's not really you" to "it doesn't really show what your blog is about".  So, back to the drawing board...

I decided that pictures of some of my projects would be a better way to go.  I will probably continue to fiddle with them (as I get better at all of this) but I think it's a better fit.  It's more "me".

I do know one thing - I'm a lot better at spray painting than I am at web design.  Which reminds me - I'll be sharing a little spray painting project in my next post.  And, hopefully, this little blog will stay the same.