Thursday, November 10, 2011

Boot Socks - Pinned it and MADE It!

I've been having fun with my new series - My Friday Five.  It's really fun to look around the web and find great ideas from really creative people.  Most of the time, I find cool stuff, pin it, and that's where it ends.  I just don't ever get around to making the stuff that I pin.  Well, this is a project that I knew would be easy, quick, and inexpensive.  So I actually MADE it.



Remember these boot socks from Erika at Oops, I Craft My Pants?  My daughter loved them.  So, we ran out to Salvation Army to find a sweater.  We keep our closets updated and donate old clothes often so there was nothing in the house that was ready for cutting.  We found a perfect sweater for $3.99-


I know what you're thinking - that's a nice sweater - why are you cutting it up?  Well, we all tried it on but it didn't fit any of us.  So, we got out the scissors.  We cut the sleeve off -



Then, we cut off the other sleeve -


Yes, it was that easy.  Yay!  And here is a quick picture of my daughter on her way to school -


How cute is that?  We love it!  And we aren't done with that sweater yet - my daughter has another project to make with it.  I'll be sharing that next week.  Super cute!

Now, I'm back to picking My Friday Five.  Come back tomorrow to see what I've pinned!