Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Candy Cane Hurricane


Here's a fun, easy and inexpensive project for the holidays.  I have realized that I have grown tired of my holiday decorations.  I use the same stuff year after year.  Ugh.  Last year, I didn't even want to get my decorations out. I let my daughters get the house ready for the holidays!  Oh and they did a great job!  But it made me think - I need something new.  But I don't want to spend a fortune.  So, I strolled through my local dollar store to get inspired.  I decided to make a hurricane (I've seen them all over the web) but I added my own twist.  Here's what I used -


I found everything at the dollar store (except the E-6000 adhesive - which I picked up at Michael's).  I simply glued the hurricane on to the candle stick -


Then, I taped off stripes with painters tape -


And gave it a few light coats of Rustoleum White Gloss spray paint.  I filled it with the dollar store 'filler' -



Of course, I will definitely fill it with red M&M's when we get closer to Christmas...yum.

So, a cute little decoration for the holidays - for just a couple bucks.  Yay!

I've shared this project here -

Creations by Kara
Seven Thirty Three
Fireflies and Jellybeans
Saved by Love Creations
Beyond the Picket Fence
The Shabby Creek Cottage
My Repurposed Life
My Romantic Home
The Shabby Nest
504 Main
Tatertots and Jello
It's So Very Cheri
Marvelously Messy
Craft O Maniac
Between Naps on the Porch
Under the Table and Dreaming