Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Christmas Mantel - Phase 1

I'm having so much fun getting ready for Christmas.  Yesterday, I shared my thumb tack tree project.  Well, it's not the only dollar store tree on my mantel.  I covered another styrofoam tree form in moss from the dollar store -


With the help of some hot glue -



And now it sits on one end of my mantel - 


It's a start.  Oh and here's a rundown of the other projects on there.  The small pillar candle is sitting in a mini wreath.  I picked up 4 of them at Salvation Army for $.49 each - 


I just spray painted them with Rustoleum chrome spray paint (I already had it on hand).  

There's the thumb tack tree I shared yesterday.  I added 2 wine bottles covered in silver leaf.  And the glass vase that I spray painted white.  So my total on this side of the mantel is about $4.50.

I'll share the other side tomorrow.  I am still adding stuff - but it's getting there!