Friday, November 18, 2011

My Friday Five - Week 4

Now on to the fun stuff - My Friday Five.  This is where I share some of my favorite ideas floating around on Pinterest.  A time to relax and have a cup of coffee - and enjoy someone else's hard work for a moment.  :-)

Ready?


1.  Painted wooden crate stairs!


Amazing!  Donna from Funky Junk Interiors made this incredible staircase!  She is so creative (ugh - why can't my junk look this good?!).  I guess she couldn't decide between Coke and Pepsi - what cola wars? This is just so clever - I'm in love.


2.  Here's an inexpensive wreath idea -  


What do you think this one's made out of?  Were you thinking cheap plastic tablecloths?  No?  Well it is.  Kristen from High Heels and a Hammer cut up tablecloths into strips and fastened them onto a wreath form to achieve this look.  I might have to try this one!  Gorgeous!


3.  You know how much I like to give new life to old things, so this next find was right up my alley.  Tracie from Cleverly Inspired turned an old shutter into a bathroom counter top!


What a fantastic idea!!  And she she left the original paint (just cleaned it up and gave it a few coats of poly).  Go over and check out all of the details - this is a great way to save money.  Yeah - this one-of-a-kind counter only cost $15!  Now that's a bargain!


4.  With the holidays coming up, I wanted to share some decorating ideas.  Check out this beautiful handmade acorn decoration - 


So pretty!  Love it!  Jenny from Days of Chalk and Chocolate whipped this up.  And she did it for $1.07!  I know it looks like it cost so much more - it's so sparkly and shiny!  I do love sparkly and shiny - especially for the holidays!


5.  I'm not hosting Thanksgiving this year (yay!) so here's how the day will play out for me - sleep in, enjoy a pot cup of coffee, eat a pound of bacon (thoughtfully cooked by my husband - yay again!), watch the parade, eat a BLT, then head off for turkey.  Hopefully wrapped in bacon.  Although I'm pretty sure it won't be unless my mother-in-law has seen this recipe- 


Doesn't that look delicious?  P.C. at The Runaway Spoon shares the secrets to this incredible dish.  Yum. Bacon. 

Are you inspired yet?