Monday, November 28, 2011

Thumb Tack Tree

I'm really getting into the Christmas spirit!  I love this time of year!  And I thought it would be fun to change up my decor for the season.  I've been looking around on Pinterest and pinning some of my favorite ideas.  I am really drawn to silver, white and green this year.  I love the simplicity of those colors together.  And I think it will look great once the snow starts flying (strangely we haven't had snow yet - but I'm sure we'll have plenty by Christmas).  Here's my inspiration -





Beautiful aren't they?  Well, that's what I want to go for - on a budget. But I didn't have enough "silver" in my box of decorations.  I knew I'd need to make a few things.  I went over to the dollar store and picked up some supplies.  I started with a styrofoam tree form - 


I gave it a quick coat of chrome spray paint (I didn't want any white peeking out)-


Then I grabbed a pack of thumb tacks-



I started at the bottom-



And worked my way up-



Now I have a cute little thumb tack tree.  I'm going to add it to my mantle - along with more silver, white and green decorations.  I will share more of these dollar store ideas all week so you can see how my mantle comes together.  Now all I need is some snow!

I've linked this project here -

Skip to My Lou
Savvy Southern Style
seven thirty three
Creations by Kara
Shabby Creek Cottage
The CSI Project
House of Hepworths
Beyond the Picket Fence
Tatertots and Jello
Funky Junk Interiors
Under the Table and Dreaming
Dittle Dattle
Craft O Maniac
You are Talking Too Much
Between Naps on the Porch
DIY Home Sweet Home Project