Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmas Decor

Before I get to this little Christmas project,  I have some exciting news!!  Last week, on a whim, I auditioned for a crafting competition.  I'm not sure what I was thinking.  Anyway, I just found out that I am in the top 12!  That's right, I will be competing against some very talented ladies during the month of January on One Month to Win It.  Yikes!  I'll give you more details soon about how you can VOTE for your favorite project - I hope you like my projects but you won't know which is mine during voting.  I'm excited (and so nervous).

But back to my Christmas projects,  this is what I'm working on now -



A bit of Christmas fun.  As you know, I purchased a giant glass bowl a few months ago (I shared that with you here).  In October, I filled it with Halloween pine cones -


Well, now that Christmas is coming up, I wanted to come up with an easy and inexpensive way to fill the bowl in a festive way.  I decided to use red ornaments that I already owned and I added a dollar store hurricane and a white pillar candle.  Here's the result - 





Since I already had the ornaments and bowl, purchasing the hurricane ($1) and candle ($2.50) wasn't too much to spend to complete the look.  I love how it turned out.  It adds a lot of color - perfect for the holidays!