Thursday, December 15, 2011

Garland Christmas Tree

I have shared a few dollar store styrofoam Christmas tree ideas lately, but I still have one more.  I just had so much fun making these trees - and I love getting all of my supplies at the dollar store!  Here's the finished tree-


I started with a tree form and base - which I spray painted - and some garland-


I glued the tree form onto the base with some hot glue (I didn't want all of my trees to be the same height) - 


Then, I glued the garland - starting from the bottom - 


I just worked my way up-



I wanted to finish the top, so I added a bow using dollar store ribbon (it's the same ribbon I used to hang my Ornament Wreath)-



And here it is with my Thumb Tack Tree - 


Now it sites on my mantel (with my Tinsel Tree) - 


And my Thumb Tack Tree sits on the opposite side with my Moss Tree - 


I think they are so cute!  And I love how inexpensive they were - it makes decorating for the holidays affordable! Yay!  

I've shared this project here-