Thursday, December 1, 2011

My Christmas Mantel

I'm ready to show off my Christmas Mantel today!!  It's been fun decorating for the holidays this year because I'm changing things up - and it's been a long time since I've done that!  I've been putting out the same decorations year after year - and it was getting pretty boring.  This year, I decided to change up the color scheme from my usual red and gold to silver, white and green.  And since I'm cheap frugal, I've been using items found at the dollar store or thrift store.  So here it is-



I know I still have some projects to show you, but I thought I'd explain all that fun stuff in the center today-


I started with my Silver Leaf Tray.  I added two dollar store hurricanes.  For some height, I used silver eucalyptus branches (also from the dollar store - yay for not having to spray paint my own!!).  And finally, the green bead garland.  This was a splurge - they came from Michael's and cost about $1.75 each.  I figured it was worth it because that is exactly the color green I was going for.  So not too bad - considering I have a whole new look here.


I'm enjoying the clean crisp look - and still debating whether or not to add some evergreen branches.  It might be fun to keep changing it up!

Oh and I will share the rest of the projects up there next week - how is it December already??  I think tomorrow's My Friday Five may be all about Christmas.  I'm really getting into the Christmas spirit!!

I've shared this project here -

From My Front Porch To Yours
Funky Junk Interiers