Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Uh Oh...

Earlier today, I shared a small look inside my day.  Lately, it's been super busy around here.  And, I thought that it would be interesting to some of my readers to see what my day entails.  Of course, every day is different.  Sometimes, I can get many items on my to-do list crossed off - yay! - and sometimes, I feel like I haven't accomplished anything (I probably have - but it feels like my day just vanished).  Lately, I have been feeling the latter.  And I wanted to share.

My house isn't always perfect.  I thought that many people could relate.  I kinda thought people might laugh at the pile of dirty dishes.  Because maybe they've been there at one time or another.

So, in my effort to put myself out there, I shared the not so perfect stuff.  And unfortunately, it was met with criticism.  And that's ok.  I can handle it.  But I'm surprised.

There are many details of my day that I left out.  For example, yes my kids know how to do laundry.  (If you've been a long time reader, you know that I like to do laundry.  It's actually my favorite chore which is why I usually do it for them.)  And yes, they clean up around the house and help out whenever we ask.  Without complaint.

Two of our children can drive.  It is very helpful.  But, if they are playing a soccer, hockey, or rugby game, Craig and I like to go and cheer them on.  It takes a lot of time out of our day, but we wouldn't miss it for the world.  Our younger two stay very busy with their activities also.  And I drive them.  We do not live very close to their activities (they can easily be 15-20 miles away which is too far to bike) and the weather doesn't always cooperate.  And our youngest plays ice hockey - which requires a large, heavy bag full of equipment and a stick  - so there's no way she could bike.  (BTW, she plays at a very high level - her team ranks sixth nationally - and it's common for us to drive two or more hours for a game.  Yes, it's time consuming, but we're very proud of her hard work and support her 100%).  And they all do well in school, volunteer, and work.

I love my family.  Imperfections and all.  We have good days and bad days.  Success and failure.  I was just sharing a snapshot of my life.  I was feeling a little behind.  And, in an effort to get caught up, I'm going to take a couple of days off from my blog.  I'll be back Monday morning with some new projects.

Have a great weekend.